Hello and sorry for the late reply! The wifi signal is spotty and unreliable here!
Yes this is possible and also easy! heres how:
1. Go to “edit theme” and hit “edit html”.
2. find this part of the code:
-webkit-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-moz-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-o-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
-ms-transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
transition: all .3s ease-in-out;
and change the bold lines to these:
3. Hit update, and save.
the expanding updates box on my blog has become a real hit with you guys and a lot of you have requested a tutorial for it! it’s just a quick tutorial so if i’ve forgotten to explain any steps, please let me know.
please like this post if it’s helpful :) and it would mean a lot if you told other people about this tutorial!
1. go to your customize page
2. click "edit html"
3. copy this and paste it under
<style type="text/css">(it has instructions in it for personalizing!!):
4. copy this and paste it before
You can try adding an ask box to the drop-down by pasting this code inside the space in the code for the tab contents:
<iframe frameborder=”0” scrolling=”no” width=”420px” height=”190px” src=”http://www.tumblr.com/ask_form/YOUR URL.tumblr.com” style=”background-color:transparent; overflow:hidden;” id=”ask_form”></iframe>
Don’t forget to change the “YOUR URL” to your url. You may also want to change the width and height.
Honestly, I don’t think there is enough room for an ask box in theme 15. Maybe if you made the sidebar wider? Or you could add it in a popup menu (tutorials).
UPDATE TAB #2 by mandrakescry
How to install
- Please LIKE/REBLOG if you use this. (or if you like it)
- Any questions can be asked here
Please do not hesitate to ask questions. I love to help! Before asking a question please check the FAQ to make sure it han't already been answered.
In your question please include the number of the theme or the page you are using. Please try to describe the problem as specifically as possibe. This will be very helpful in trying to solve the problem. Also It would be helpful if you asked off anon, but you don't have too.
You may not move the credit to another page but you can move it to another corner of the page (example: it's in the way of an updates tab). Please don't mess with the size, color, or format of the credit link. It must be completely visible. If you have any questions about moving it please ask and I will be happy to clarify.
Yes! Edit to your heart'c content but please leave the credit. If you remove the credit I will consider it using my theme as a base code which is against the rules.
Yes I have no idea why this happens so I am currently working on finding code to replace it. When I find suitable code I will release an update for these themes with the fixed code. Then you will then be able to reinstall the theme and the problem will be fixed. Sorry for the lack of a solution at the moment! Please know that I am working on it!
Go into the code and find:
/* REMOVE THIS LINE TO SHOW ALL THE TAGS */ overflow:hidden;
and delete the bolded line!
Now the Tags overflow will be shown. It will most likely look a bit weird because the theme wans't designed to do this but it's your blog so you can decide!
Here! This website has tons of beautiful floral and vintage backgrounds!
1. Find the theme you like and click on “code”. This will take you to pastebin.
2. Select the entire paste or click the icon, and press Control+C.
3. Go to your dashboard, select your blog and click “customize” (it has the little eye symbol next to it).
4. Once in customization mode, click “edit HTML” (near the top).
5. Select all of the existing code and delete it. Replace it with the code you copied earlier (hit Control+V).
6. Hit “update preview” and “save” to view your new blog theme!
7. You are now free to exit customizing mode if you’d like or you can edit the colors and pictures. To do this remain in customize mode. First click the back arrow and scroll down to colors, title, description, and even upload pictures for the background and (in most themes) the sidebar.
Themes come with variables that you can change such as colors, titles, links, description, and sometimes options like "grayscale posts" or "hover tags". These can be accessed by clicking "edit theme" (either on your dacshboard or when you are visiting your blog).
These options will let you change the appearane of your theme. Common variable that I use in my themes are:
1. Go into customize mode, scroll down and click on “add new page”.
2. IMPORTANT: after naming the page and giving it a URL, be sure to switch it from standard layout to CUSTOM layout. If you don’t do this it won’t work properly.
3. Copy and paste the code into the section for code.
4. Hit “Update preview” and “save”. It may take a little while to load but you should now see a generic version of the page.
If it’s a ask theme make sure to change the URL in the code for the askbox. It will usually be labeled as such and have something along the lines of YOURURLHERE. replace that with your URL. for this site the URL would be “neonbikethemes”.
If it has colors in it you can hit Control+F to find a color and replace it with your own. Make sure to use the color’s Hex or RGB value. Here is a link to help you pick colors.
If it’s a tags, links, or about page you will need to go in and change the text to suit your needs. This will be in customize mode and you will have to edit the code. I usually try to add little helpful notes in the code to help you with this.