Please do not hesitate to ask questions. I love to help! Before asking a question please check the FAQ to make sure it han't already been answered.
In your question please include the number of the theme or the page you are using. Please try to describe the problem as specifically as possibe. This will be very helpful in trying to solve the problem. Also It would be helpful if you asked off anon, but you don't have too.
IS IT OK TO MOVE THE CREDIT?
You may not move the credit to another page but you can move it to another corner of the page (example: it's in the way of an updates tab). Please don't mess with the size, color, or format of the credit link. It must be completely visible. If you have any questions about moving it please ask and I will be happy to clarify.
Can I edit your themes?
Yes! Edit to your heart's content but please leave the credit. If you remove the credit I will consider it using my theme as a base code which is stealing and is against the rules.
How can I add another Dropdown menu to theme 15?
Follow this tutrial on pastebin.
On themes 15 and 13 the HIDDEN PART OF the dropdown menus show before the page loads.
Yes I have no idea why this happens so I am currently working on finding code to replace it. When I find suitable code I will release an update for these themes with the fixed code. Then you will then be able to reinstall the theme and the problem will be fixed. Sorry for the lack of a solution at the moment! Please know that I am working on it!
HOW CAN I SHOW ALL OF THE TAGS ON THEME 14?
Go into the code and find:
/* REMOVE THIS LINE TO SHOW ALL THE TAGS */ overflow:hidden;
and delete the bolded line!
Now the Tags overflow will be shown. It will most likely look a bit weird because the theme wans't designed to do this but it's your blog so you can decide!
Where did you find the background for theme 5?
Here! This website has tons of beautiful floral and vintage backgrounds!
How do you add a header image to theme 18?
1. Paste this code in the meta tags section (its at the very top around line 21 but you can paste it anywhere before <style type="text/css">)
<meta name="image:header" content=""/>
2. Paste this in the css section (after <style type="text/css"> and before </style>) and make sure to REMOVE the *** before "block" o r "/block" (They won't show up unless i put those there sory)
3. Paste this code directly under <div id="sidebar"> (somewhere around line 820)
4. And if you want to hide the title delete this code (it's right under where you just pasted the last code).
<a href="/"><div class="title">Neonbike Themes</div></a>
5. Hit update and save, then go and upload a header image!
HOW TO INSTALL THEMES:
1. Find the theme you like and click on “code”. This will take you to pastebin.
2. Select the entire paste or click the icon, and press Control+C.
3. Go to your dashboard, select your blog and click “customize” (it has the little eye symbol next to it).
4. Once in customization mode, click “edit HTML” (near the top).
5. Select all of the existing code and delete it. Replace it with the code you copied earlier (hit Control+V).
6. Hit “update preview” and “save” to view your new blog theme!
7. You are now free to exit customizing mode if you’d like or you can edit the colors and pictures. To do this remain in customize mode. First click the back arrow and scroll down to colors, title, description, and even upload pictures for the background and (in most themes) the sidebar.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THEMES:
Themes come with variables that you can change such as colors, titles, links, description, and sometimes options like "grayscale posts" or "hover tags". These can be accessed by clicking "edit theme" (either on your dacshboard or when you are visiting your blog).
These options will let you change the appearane of your theme. They all appear as little switches or buttons inside the left menu when you go to customize your theme. Common variable that I use in my themes are:
- 500px Posts - My themes usally come with posts 400px wide. This option lets you make the posts 500px wide instead. On som themes it may be reverse and it will come with 500px posts and this iption will change it to 400px.
- Grayscale Posts - This option makes all posts blck and white. Usually the posts will turn colored again when you hover over them.
- Hover Tags - This option will make it so that the tags only appear when you hover over the post.
- Hide Captions - For photo, video and audio posts this will hide the captions so only the image will show.
HOW TO INSTALL A PAGE THEME:
1. Go into customize mode, scroll down and click on “add new page”.
2. IMPORTANT: after naming the page and giving it a URL, be sure to switch it from standard layout to CUSTOM layout. If you don’t do this it won’t work properly.
3. Copy and paste the code into the section for code.
4. Hit “Update preview” and “save”. It may take a little while to load but you should now see a generic version of the page.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE A PAGE THEME:
If it’s a ask theme make sure to change the URL in the code for the askbox. It will usually be labeled as such and have something along the lines of YOURURLHERE. replace that with your URL. for this site the URL would be “neonbikethemes”.
If it has colors in it you can hit Control+F to find a color and replace it with your own. Make sure to use the color’s Hex or RGB value. Here is a link to help you pick colors.
If it’s a tags, links, or about page you will need to go in and change the text to suit your needs. This will be in customize mode and you will have to edit the code. I usually try to add little helpful notes in the code to help you with this.